MedHealth specialists have been providing clinical opinion services and guidance to treating doctors for several years and receive excellent satisfaction ratings from both the treating doctor and the patient alike.
What makes this work so well is that it’s a non-adversarial, non-obligatory examination and peer-to-peer service, providing prompt guidance and support in areas of diagnosis, best practice treatment, capacity to work and prognosis. The specialist has no vested interest and the treating doctor is the key recipient of the clinical summary report.
The goals of this service include:
- Improving the patient experience
- Shorter claim durations and costs
- Better stakeholder engagement and alignment
- Reduced claims disputation processes
- Clearer insight into recovery and return to work expectations
- More than 80% of treating doctors opt to participate
- The diagnosis is revised and updated (there is greater diagnostic accuracy) in 68% of case
- A change in treatment options is recommended in more than 65% of cases
- Greater work capacity is identified in approximately 64% of cases